HE KNOWS

Sunday, December 04, 2005



WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE

WHEN I WAS YOUNG I REMEMBER THAT POEPLE WOULD ASK THIS QUESTION AND LOOK FOR A ANSWER FROM SOME SMART , WEALTHY, IMPORTANT PERSON THINKING THEY HAD THE ANSWER BECAUSE THE WAY THERE LIFE LOOKED.

People can try to find meaning in life without believing in a Creator in just the same way as they can try to find meaning in random scribbles or in clouds. If one looks at a cloud hard enough for long enough and applies enough wishful thinking then one can find a hint of a familiar face or object, and project this meaning onto it.

Here are some poeple that the world looks up at for thee meaning.


For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger




"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,Thou canst not be false to any man." -- William Shakespeare

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. Life is no 'brief candle" to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." -- George Bernard Shaw


He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king."
-- St. Augustine



"The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth..." -- Albert Einstein
"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence." --
Henry David Thoreau





According to the big bang Theory, the universe was created sometime between 10 billion and 20 billion years ago from a cosmic explosion that hurled matter and in all directions. In 1927, the Belgian priest Georges LemaƮtre was the first to propose that the universe began with the explosion of a primeval atom. For life to evolve, simple molecules have to combine to form more complex ones. This mixing would have happened in the seas of the early Earth, often called the 'primordial soup'.
Amino acids then joined together end-to-end to form long, chain-like molecules, known as proteins. Proteins are essential for building a living creature. They are involved in the formation of just about everything in your body, from the colour of your skin to the layout of neurons in your brain.
Another complex molecule that was formed during these reactions was DNA. DNA has an amazing characteristic that makes it essential for life - it can reproduce itself. It also carries all the code to make a living creature.

What is the meaning of life?
For the unsaved, life started by a cosmic exposion, a freak thing so when you ask what the meaning of life is they don't know . Life is a accident it was never to happen so there is no meaning. Isn't this so sad... In the next post we will look into my life of a believe and my answer
to the meaning of life.

22 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger mark pierson said...

Mr. Douglas Rutter,

I heard you are going to take a position at thr U of R in the philosophy department.

Such a deep thinker!

Mark the plater

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kc said...

Good observations. I look forward to your next post.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

Bluecollar Thank You my dear Brother

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thank you KC

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said...

Love the quotes.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thank you Jonathan

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Thanks for linking to my blog, Forgiven.

If anyone asks me the meaning of life, I quote Ecclesiastes, 'the whole duty of man is to fear God and to keep his commandments.'

God Bless

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thank You DF

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Out of chaos, order?

Out of nothingness, everythingness?

Out of simplicity, complexity?

In the beginning God created?

Which seems most reasonable?

Good post with much food for thought.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thanks Joe

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

Doug,
You know how to get rose~ to come in for a landing on your comments? The magic word is... "Mudhens"

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Rose~ said...

Oh please, bluecollar, I don't have to be lured into commenting. I love the posts you guys put up. Besides, why do you even care if I comment ... who am I? I am no superhero of the blogosphere ;~)

Forgiven, what a great post. I also appreciate the quotes you've included. My husband always quotes one of the confessions of faith, I'm not sure which one it is, but it says that purpose of man is to love God and enjoy Him forever. I think that is a great purpose. (It sure beats trying to please ourselves which is impossible anyways.)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thanks Rose

He like to Ruffle feathers... Bad pun
Thank You Rose so much

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

rose~,
Doug and I both look at you as a blogger-super star. We consider a comment from you to be a trophy! Sad is the day when you do not comment! Doug and I would then just mope around in sadness, consoling one another.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Yes, I agree with that comment about Rose. Which means I had plenty of trophies today.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Did someone say mudhens? ;-)

I liked your description of those who do not believe in a creator as looking for meaning in life the way one looks for meaning in scribbles, or images in the clouds - not only because it is a nice poetic image, but also because I think there is a ring of truth in it!

I also liked D.F's quote from Ecc - sums it up nice.

Thanks for the link too.

Dan
<><

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thanks Daniel
For your visit
The doors aways open to you
Brother

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I can't wait until tomorrow's post!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thank you LLL
Nice to have you

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Forgiven, thanks for leaving such an encouraging comment on my blog.

Enjoyed reading your blog very much. Lots of things to think about! Can't wait to read your next post regarding your own meaning of life.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

Kitty Thank You

His love is complete in you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home