HE KNOWS

Thursday, March 02, 2006




HE IS ALIVE PART 4

Ephesians 1:20

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

God triumphed over every form of opposition. Jesus rising from the dead and His glorification of ascension were a defeat for Satan and his hosts.
We have a picture of all the hosts of hell trying to foil God's purposes by keeping Jesus in the grave.

No one is sufficient to describe such great power. No one has ever done this in human history, others have been raised from the dead, but they died again.

This is why Paul points out that He is seated at the right hand of the Father.
The right hand of God signifies the place of privilege, power, distinction, holiness and dominion.

The next thing Paul points out is the location of the seat in heavenly places. That is where the Lord Jesus is today in a literal body of flesh and bone, a glorified body no longer capable of dying, but scarred with the nails of the cross. The world would like to think of Jesus as a ghost flying around . But Paul lets us know that He is not dead, but alive and sitting next to the Father. He is alive..... not mere words in a book , but living and reigning as King of all, over all.

King David prophesied that the Messiah would be seated at the right hand of God: "The LORD said to my Lord, 'Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool'" (Psalm 110:1).

Praise the Lord.... Your kindom come

13 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Kc said...

"You ask me how I know He lives?"

Great post brother Doug.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger J. Wendell said...

Hi Doug,
We serve an (the) AWSOME God!

This is just what I need to start a new day, thanks.

brother John

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Amen!

It is so important to have in our thoughts the risen Christ.

I dont think the picture was necessary, if you dont mind my saying so.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

Thanks Doug.

Mark

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Ileana said...

We worship a living God. I feel peace where normally I would fall apart, I have hope in what seems to be a hopeless situation. When we reach for Christ, He is there. I've seen many answered prayers.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thank You Kc
Alway nice to see you

Hi John glad thank Lord shined on you

DF
I felt the same with the Picture,
no picture I think is the best. But at the same time to see that He is not in the grave is so cool

Brother Mark Thank you


Maria your word are so true He is So Great ...Thank You

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mighty Jesus!

Amen to that :)

I liked this whole idea that, "God triumphed over every form of opposition."

God bless,

Jodie

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger forgiven said...

God Bless Jodie

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Rose~ said...

Realizing that "Jesus is alive" was, I think, the biggest surprise of my conversion experience ... and the fact that gives me hope and joy in this life as a believer.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

awesome! How Great thou Art! I am so thankful He is in my life.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger forgiven said...

Thank You Rose and LLL

He is so Great

Doug

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Amen. Surely He is alive! I know He lives because He lives in my heart and I am forever grateful for that :)

Thanks for this awesome post brother Doug. I'm blessed by you so much.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said...

Of course we all know that that picture is not correct because Jesus did not have long hair.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home